Panic! At The Disco Concert

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

July 31, 2016

Yes, it was technically a Weezer/Panic! At The Disco joint concert but Angela and I only stayed for P!ATD and left before Weezer came on. Overall, it was a great Sunday night and the weather was just warm enough—we didn’t need any extra sweaters. We set our blanket out on the lawn and debated getting food. (We did not, mainly because I was too lazy to walk all the way back out across the lawn again and because I feared our spots would get taken. I made up for it afterwards by buying Angela dinner.)


Of course, it wouldn’t be a concert at the Shoreline Amphitheatre without an insanely long General Admission line that starts at the parking lot. We spent two hours in line, our faces towards the sun, and managed to enter the venue just as the sun was setting. I listened to a very problematic conversation about lesbianism. There was also one Porta-Potty adventure involved. About an hour and a half into waiting, I Snapchatted my friends a pic of the non-moving line, then watched an Asian mother look for her husband’s white minivan after successfully dropping off her kids on foot.


When we finally made it to the gate, it was chaos as everyone hurried to get inside and the security guards hastily waved metal detectors over us. Once inside, every stall already had tens of fans lined up, waiting to get concert swag or beer. Angela and I quickened our paces for the lawn.

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

The concert started an hour and 15 minutes past the printed time and thank God P!ATD came on first because I already needed to pee. They played many songs from their new album, a few classics, and their cover of “Bohemian Rhapsody.” A few British girls behind us went crazy for each and every song P!ATD played and stomped all over our blanket.

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

After playing for an hour and a half, P!ATD’s set came to a close. As the crew prepped for Weezer to come on, we followed a bunch of people off the lawn and out of the venue. Sorry, Weezer. We made it back to Alameda at around 11, got some food, then went home where I immediately put the blanket in the laundry.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s